Sunday, January 23, 2011

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman Rule

AFC and NFC championships today - I figure CBS and Fox would put their respective all-star announcer duos to work.
If CBS' can do no better than Jim Nantz and Phil Simms, I just found another reason I like watching NFL games on Fox over CBS.

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman got the NFC Championship game on Fox today.
Watching the CBS AFC game later in the day with the Nantz/Simms team announcing was painful.

Buck and Aikman have a good chemistry...certainly better chemistry on-air than Nantz and Simms.
They compliment each other well and just seem to have a more intelligent view of the game than their CBS counterparts.

Comparing the performance of each team member, Joe Buck and Jim Nantz may be a wash.
But, in a head-to-head match-up of color analysts, Aikman over Simms becomes the deciding factor.
When someone with as many skins on the wall as Aikman has talks about the game, you should listen.
Besides, Aikman has the biggest skin on the wall absent from Simms' trophy case -- The Hall of Fame induction.

Barring a miraculous reunion between John Madden and Pat Summerall, I think the Buck/Aikman duo is as good as it gets these days.

Now, regarding the other networks' NFL commentators, let me say this...

NBC (Sunday Night Football)
Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth are very good.
Yes. Gruden is THAT good at talking football
These guys are easily one of the better commentator duos.
They come up a close second or third behind Aikman and Buck.

ESPN (Monday Night Football)
Mike Terico and John Gruden do a pretty good job.
In fact, I can listen to John Gruden talk football almost as long as I can watch Beyonce dance.
That's a loooong you-better-pack-a-lunch long time.

But, I absolutely hate listening to Ron Jaworski talk about anything...especially football.
I mentioned Phil Simms having few skins in his trophy case.
Jaworski doesn't even own a trophy case!
Yet he talks about the game as if he were one of the best NFL QB's of all time.
Hell! He isn't even a top 3 Philadelphia Eagles QB of all time!

But I digress...this isn't about Jaws, Gruden, Madden, or Nantz.
This is about Beyonce.
Errr, I mean, this is about Joe Buck and Troy Aikman...and Beyonce.
C'mon! I have got to include Beyonce....did you SEE that pic above for christ's sake!?! 
(Man! I HATE Jay-Z)

Anyway -- Mad props to Buck and Aikman.
They are the best in the biz...and they made a great commercial, too:




Respect the BC Mafia Foo!........and Beyonce!

No comments:

Post a Comment